A man who believes that through difficulties and problems God gives everyone the opportunity to grow and with that night spirit and determination to take India to the next level of education and development, former President Late Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was born on 15 October 1931 in Rameswaram.
Dr APJ Abdul Kalam has enormous contribution in the field of science. He was a scientist and science administrator, at the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). He has been the reason behind many extraordinary technological advancements in India.
1) Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was the project director of ISRO to contribute India in developing its first indigenous Satellite Launch Vehicle (SLV). SLV III injected Rohini satellite near the earth orbit in 1980, making India a Space Club Member.
2) After the success of SLV, he became the project director of two short-range surface-to-air missile projects aiming to develop ballistic missiles.
3) Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was appointed as the CEO of IGMDP and worked for the development of AGNI and PRITHVI missiles.
4) Former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam was the reason behind the success of multiple nuclear tests in Pokhran in 1988.
5) In 1994, he designed a cost-effective healthcare coronary stent named as 'Kalam-Raju-Stent' to reduce the treatment cost of the patients.
6) Being an aeronautical engineer Dr APJ Abdul Kalam left his presence in developing country's Light Combat Aircraft project.
7) He developed lightweight callipers for motor disable patients.
We salute the determination of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam to make India - a technologically advanced nation.
'When your hopes and dreams and goals are dashed, search among the wreckage, you may find a golden opportunity hidden in the ruins''.