16 October is the day for all the foodies in the world. Apart from being a nutritious meal, we can say the food is our guilty pleasure. Usually, we talk about our favourite food or tips that can flavourise our platter more, but today we will share some interesting food facts which will amaze us for sure.
1) The most expensive pizza in the world costs 12,000 dollars because it takes 72 hours to make with 3 types of toppings.
2) If we ingest nutmeg in large doses, due to myristicin it works like a hallucinogen.
3) Did you know why cracker biscuits have holes in them? It is due to the prevention of air bubbles from ruining the product.
4) In the early 1800s, after a doctor claimed to be treating a patient with tomatoes, he made tomato ketchup and used it as a pill.
5) We enjoy white chocolate a lot, but what if I say it is not chocolate? White chocolate is a mix of sugar, milk, vanilla, lecithin and cocoa butter.
6) Chillies are not responsible for burning your mouth. It is just because of a chemical called capsaicin that makes you feel like it's been burned.
7) We all love Nutella but do you know 25% of all hazelnuts end up in a jar.
8) Loud music makes people drink faster than the usual time.
9) Around 75 MC Donald's hamburgers are sold every second which means that every year MC Donald sells about 2.5 billion hamburgers.
10) Honey is made from honey bees. When bees collect nectar, it stores it in their stomach and once they are back at the hive, they throw up the vector into the hive.
11) French fries are not originally from France, it is from Belgium.
12) Did you know Kennett Square, Pennsylvania is the capital of the mushroom in the world.
13) Gelatin is made from boiling skin, cartilage, and bones from animals such as pigs, cows and chickens. So vegetarians beware of Gelatin.
14) The most expensive ice cream costs $350 in New York.
Well, there are enough shockers on Food day. If more of us valued food and respect what we get, then there would have been no food hunger in the world.