Youth is considered to be the future of the World, who gives fresh new ideas and directions of thinking that contributes much towards the upliftment of the society. The youth not only plays a great role in nation-building but they do contribute much to help a country develop and move towards progress. But do we know why “World Youth Skills Day” is celebrated worldwide? Let’s see.
A bit on its significance
· This day is celebrated across the globe to make young people understand the importance of essential skill enhancement that will help them to make informed choices regarding employment, work, and entrepreneurship.
· The first World Youth Skills Day was celebrated on 15 July, 2015. But the day was adopted through a UN General Assembly resolution and passed on 18 December, 2014.
· As said before, Youth is the future of the World, so it is very important for them to develop special skills and equip themselves in a way so that they can become future entrepreneurs.
· This day recognizes the importance of developing the young people with skills that can help them be self-independent and find employment which offers them decent work.
· The occasion also provides an opportunity to bring skilled young individuals from various fields. This day is especially a United Nation designated event which provides a unique opportunity for young people, technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions, firms, employers’ and workers’ organizations, policymakers as well.