Warmer temperatures mean it is time to change your skincare routine. Summer can be pretty harsh on your skin if you don't take care of it. It's time to let an easy-breezy skincare regime set in. Summers are all about soft, hydrated, cool and glowy skin and we don't need to tell you twice how you need to step up your sunblock game. Throughout the season, moisturisers and exfoliators will also act as your guardian angel. It would be best to use natural products as they'll allow your skin to breathe as well as to follow a few tips and tricks to rightly pamper and shield your skin.
1. In summers, less is more. The thick creams you were using through the winter months won’t do you any good now. Summer months need products that let your skin breathe naturally. Go for lighter lotions and serums. Products that block pores can cause more problems.
Water-based moisturizers work best for normal skin types. For oily skin, gel-based moisturizers are preferred.
2. When your skin feels extra dry, exfoliate. It unblocks the pores by removing dead skin.
3. Don't forget about your body. Summer fashion doesn't exactly allow us to cover up our skin as as we do in winter. Hence, the skin on your body also needs protection and nourishment. Look for words like 'hydrating', 'nourishing' and 'detoxifying' on your body butter and don't forget to use SPF everywhere.
4. Keep your face fresh throughout the day. Whether you are outside on the roads or in an office building, carry a citrusy or flowery face mist along and spray it whenever you feel like your skin is drying and catching the heat. It'll keep the skin hydrated, refreshed and radiant.
6. Eat your SPF: There's some evidence that oral intake of vitamins C and E together can limit potential for sunburn. A salad with vitamin C-rich citrus, berries, tomato, and vitamin E-rich nuts is an ideal SPF meal.